Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"Welcome to wherever you are. This is your life. You've made it this far..." -Bon Jovi

...and indeed I have. And I do feel welcome. After rolling in to Pullman at about 11:30pm (MWT the time zone I'm used to) Sunday night, I met some great girls who were most willing to let me stay with them through church connections. The next morning, I went to work finding a place to live and a job. I do not mind saying that at first I felt hopelessly overwhelmed. The thought of turning right back around and driving back to the safety of Wyoming never quite left it's dark little corner in my mind. Courage, however prevailed and after a hard days work at giving out resumes, and looking at apartments that continued to go up in price and down in quality, luck decided to show up. Between the hours of 4 and 5 pm (PCT the time zone I'm in now) I found a great job and a nice, clean, spacious, cheap place to live.
Today, to keep myself busy and to make sure that I wasn't jumping in too quickly to things, I continued to look at different salons, and roommate situations and. Nothing has come of it however and I'm more firmly planted in my commitments to these two... commitments.

No comments:

Post a Comment